Thank you for your interest in joining the Team at Design Data Corporation!
Founded in 1984, Design Data has been driven by our mission to consistently deliver unmatched technology support and advising services to help our partners succeed. We view our role as a business partner and an extension of every client we serve. In a fast growing and constantly changing industry, our rapidly expanding organization works to provide IT solutions for our a wide array of business partners include small and medium-sized businesses, and non-profit organizations. We pride ourselves on operating a superior service company and we want all of our employees to share in this pride.
Help Desk Technician – Full-Time
Our Help Desk Technicians are responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and/or software. You will respond to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implements solutions for clients. Work intimately with PSA Ticket software and RMM tools to properly create, document and resolve tickets for clients. The Help Desk Technician position includes supporting clients both remotely and onsite depending upon customer needs. Help Desk Technicians must be able to work well with other IT professionals and have the ability to communicate clearly with both end users and executives.
– Provide support to diagnostic procedures in order to determine source of problem/error.
– Install and perform repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
– Researches technical materials, confers with users, and conducts computer diagnostics to determine nature of problems and provide technical assistance.
– Contact hardware/software vendors for RMA and technical support.
– Upgrade workstation based hardware and software components as required.
SERVER/SYSTEM FUNCTIONS: (escalation to system engineers may be required)
– Analyze, troubleshoot, isolate and diagnose server problems.
– Provide support and troubleshooting to the end user.
– Upgrade server based hardware and software components as required.
– Update and maintains documentation relevant to server based hardware and software.
Skills and Qualifications:
– Knowledge of applications troubleshooting in an enterprise environment.
– Knowledge of backup system and related procedures.
– Server and workstation class hardware troubleshooting skills.
– Experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
– Virtualization Experience.
– Experience with Anti-Virus Systems Administration.
– Effective written/verbal communication skills are necessary in order to communicate with all levels of personnel (from end-user to senior management.)
– Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
– Excellent time management and project follow through.
– Great interpersonal and customer service skills a must!
– Enjoy working in a fast paced team environment.
– Ability to work with end users of all skill levels.
– Able to learn on the fly and take new challenges head on.
Education, Work Experience and Certifications:
– Experience providing end user technical support is required.
– Certifications including Microsoft, CompTIA, etc. are preferred.
– 2+ years of IT support experience is preferred with both onsite and remote support experience.
– Experience with Windows Servers, Windows / Mac OS, Hyper-V, Networking, Firewall Management, Backup and DR, Wireless, VOIP and a strong understanding of security protocols and best practices are preferred.
Design Data Corporation is always in search of high-quality individuals who are excited about providing the best customer service experience to our customers.
Please complete the information below if you are interested in a career with Design Data Corporation.
Design Data Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation.